There are several health problems that most of the people out there are facing these days, and from all those health-related issues here in this article, we are going to talk about one of the most faced problems, and that is Cholesterol. Although Cholesterol is a thing that plays a good and bad role for our body, which means if Cholesterol is our body is at a normal or low level, then it is good for our body, but when this level changes into high level, then it can become a severe issue for us.
Moreover, there are several reasons because of which this problem of high Cholesterol is increasing, but one of the biggest reasons is unawareness, as most of the people are not aware of these problems, it’s symptoms, causes, and various things related to it.
If you are also one of those people who are not aware of this problem, then do follow this article till the end. Because in this article, we are going to talk about cholesterol problems, it’s solutions, home remedies, and many more such things.
What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a kind of oily substance that remains in our body. Moreover, several people think that Cholesterol mixes with the blood, but it’s not a fact as blood is a water-based product, and on the other hand, Cholesterol is an oil-based.
Moreover, there’s one more important the fact that most of the people out there are unaware of and that is; Cholesterol is of two types, let us have a look at them-
This is a kind of Cholesterol which is considered as bad Cholesterol for our body, which is unhealthy for our body and can lead to several problems.
The second kind of Cholesterol is HDL, which is known as good cholesterols and is healthy for our body.
This was all about the types of Cholesterol, let us now have a look at some of the primary functions of Cholesterol and those features are as follows-
- A first and most important function that is done with the help of good Cholesterol only is it contributes to the structure of cell walls present in our body.
- They also help our body to produce digestive bile acids in our intestine with the help of which the food items we eat are digested properly.
- Good Cholesterol also helps our body to produce vitamin D, which is used for several reasons.
- They also help our body to produce certain hormones.
Causes of High Cholesterol Problems
You all must be aware of the fact that if someone is facing high cholesterol problems and is at some severe stage, then they can face heart attack issues. Moreover, if we reduce the intake of fats in our diet, then we would be able to get rid of this problem.
Moreover, here in this section, we are going to talk about causes of high Cholesterol, those are as follows-
- Kidney diseases
- Liver diseases
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Underactive thyroid gland
- Various medicines and drugs
- Genetic factors
This was all about the ways that cause high cholesterol in our body. Let us now have a look at the symptoms of high Cholesterol with the help of which you would be able to know about what problem you are facing and at what stage of the problem you need to call a doctor.
Read this also…Health benefits of Fruit and vegetables
Symptoms of High Cholesterol Problems
It is noticed that those who face high cholesterol issues there are no such particular symptoms with the help of which one could know about their problem that they are facing. But if you want to know about your problem, then you can go for regular checkups and blood tests, with the help of which you would be able to know about high cholesterol problems.
Moreover, if you don’t go for these tests regularly, then you can even face the problem of heart attack and that too, without any warning.
Levels and Ranges of Cholesterol
At every stage of your life, you would have to maintain a different kind of levels of Cholesterol. Let us have a look at those levels and ranges of Cholesterol-
- Low-density lipoprotein- This type of Cholesterol should be less than 100mg/dL.
- If you have this type of Cholesterol in between the range of 100-129mg/dl, then there would be no health issue that you would be able to face.
- If you have between 130-159mg/dl, then it is at the point of getting high.
- About 159mg/dl, you would be able to face high-level issues.
- High-density lipoprotein- This type of Cholesterol should be higher than 60mg/dl in your body.
How can high cholesterol be treated?
There are several ways with the help of which we can get high cholesterol issue in our body treated, some of those methods are as follows-
- Liquid lowering therapy- There are several high-cholesterol lowering medicines with the help of which you would be able to get rid of this problem, those medicines are called statins. There are several such medicines that you can buy from the market with the help of a prescription only.
- Bile-acid binding resins- You all know that the liver creates bile juice with the help of Cholesterol, and with the help of this treatment method your high Cholesterol would be converted into bile juice with the help of some medicines. Hence, we would be able to get rid of this problem.
- Home remedies- There are several home remedies with the help of which you would be able to get rid of high cholesterol issues in your body. Some of those home remedies are as follows-
- The first method is to start using flaxseed, as with the help of this, you would be able to get rid of all the risks related to heart diseases.
- Start eating fish, and with the help of omega-3 fatty acids in it will be able to help you in getting rid of high Cholesterol.
- Lose weight and start working out.
- Stop smoking and taking alcoholic products.
- With the help of garlic, also you would be able to reduce cholesterol levels.